If a property is sold by owner, do you have to pay a property manager a commission on that sell for allowing the buyer access to the home in your absence?

Question Details: I owned a rental property for several years and utilized a property manager. Several months ago I found a person who was interested in buying the property and had them contact the property manager so they could arrange a date and time to view the home because we had a renter residing in the home at the time. The potential buyer met the property manager at the home, viewed the home, and verbalized to me afterward that they may be interested in buying the property when the renters lease was up but not at that time. Fast forward 8 months, I've maintained regular contact with the buyer in the interim and showed the home again to the buyer and their spouse myself after the renter had vacated the premises. They have now purchased the property. I received an email from my previous property manager stating that she is also a licensed real estate agent and feels that because she showed the house to the buyers 8 months ago she is entitled to a commission. At no time did I sign a listing contract with this individual and my only business relationship involved her managing my rental property and that relationship ended when the renter left a few months ago. Legally, do I owe this person a commission?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.