If a person has been certified mentally ill, what legal rights do they have when it comes to owning property and conducting day-to-day business matters?

Question Details: My husband has dissisociative identity disorder formerly known as split personality. He has moved in another home that belongs to him. He is making very unwise decisions and abusing drugs with his grown sons. What can I do to protect him and the property? He will not agree to a voluntary conservorship. He has been certified mentally ill.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.