If I was awarded my house in my divorce does my ex still have to sign a quick claim deed in order to be removed?

Question Details: I was awarded my house in our divorce but he's still listed on the deed and with our city assessor's office. I want him removed and the recorder's office is saying that I have to bring in a quick claim deed to have the information updated. If I was awarded the house I'm not sure why I need to provide one of those and I'm not sure he will sign it now.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.