Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I plead guilty in court, do I have any appeal rights?

Question Details: I was in a parked car in a apartment complex, police pulled up behind the car that I was not driving and I got a public intoxication charge. I'm 59 years old have had only 1 other infraction in my life. The judge gave me 180 days suspended, 1 year probation and a fine of $50 upfront with a $50 administrative fee and a $20 probation fee as well as an alcohol class at $400. Apparently, I should have gotten a lawyer. Is it too late?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.