Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I have an original contracting stating one thing but offered something different later, can I revert back to the original agreement?

Question Details: I run a publishing house. Due to a former partner whom we separated from before we LLC'd being dissatisfied, I'm running into a contract issue. In short, before we LLC'd and had the funds to handle all publishing costs, we did buy-ins for the anthologies that we release. The authors all signed contracts stating they understood the buy-ins were non-refundable. After my former partner pulled her shenanigans and her slander, several of the authors wanted to pull out and demanded refunds. In an attempt to salvage my company, I agreed. However, now I'm wondering if I should revert back to the original contract terms? The funds are to be used for marketing and promotion and some of it has already been spent as the advertising books early. I'd actually have to pull money from my own pocket at this point.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.