Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I got a DUI and then moved to another state, can I handle the case from here without having to go back to court?

Question Details: I got a DUI nearly 4 years ago. I never made it passed the pre-trial stage. I became homeless and have sense moved to Iowa where I now have a full-time job, a fiancee and children. I still have an active warrant for my arrest but I want to know if I can legally handle this case with the help of an attorney without having to go back or turn myself in. Could I could transfer it to here somehow? If I turn myself in I would likely lose my job and wouldn't be able to provide for my family.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.