Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I was prescribed psych medicine at 5 years old, can I push legal action?

Question Details: I am currently 19 years old. I am told when I was 4 years old I was behavioral, talking too fast and too many topics in one sentence, and would hit myself. I agree I was a bit troubled but I feel that my medicine while a bit helpful has screwed my mind up in the long run and has caused severe emotional trauma. I don't know if this is professional or not but I feel taken advantage of. I had no say in this and was too young to understand. I want to take legal action on this. It was a children's clinic. My parents okayed it but they never tried hard enough to raise me right and my behavior became worse. I believe theoretically I may have never needed the medicine in the first place and that in time it would have gone away. However, putting me on psych medicine that messes with brain chemistry on a 5 year old currently developing is unprofessional and lead to screwing me up. These medications could have killed me. I talk to this with my mother and she says I don't know anything because I wasn't there, yet when anyone close to me agrees, even family members, she still says that same thing they don't know anything because they weren't there. I just wanted here to admit she messed up but she refused. Can I push legal action against all involved? Who prescribed it, who suggested, and my mother who accepted it?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.