Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I was issued an unlawful parking ticket while out of state, how do I fight it?

Question Details: I recently travelled to IL and received an invalid ticket that they refuse to remove on 06/04. My license plate expired on 07/08 but I received a ticket for an expired license plate on 07/04. This is not correct and no matter what proof I give them, they refuse to budge. I am not going to pay this ticket. I've tried many times to provide proof of no expiration but they keep insisting it is expired. It is now double the original amount due. The DMV in WI is not giving me any assistance and say that I've already given the police department in IL enough proof. The day I received my ticket I flagged down a police officer down the street who ran my license plate and told me it should not have been given to me in the first place. He was not able to remove it because it was from a "meter maid".

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.