Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How can I sue my homeowner's insurance company for bad faith?

Question Details: I had a flood in my home 2/12/18 which resulted in the loss of my main floor and basement, all my personal property on these floors, forced us to live outside the home for 14-16 months. My insurance has not paid me for my living expenses, personal property lost and refuses to uphold the homeowner's insurance contract as written. I have filed a complaint with the state insurance commission. I have been forced to empty my savings to pay for temp living expenses, etc. and for replacing items damaged from the original event. I have also had to leave my job and finally filed bankruptcy awaiting their payment. I need help and have over 16 months of mistreatment and breach of contract from my insurance company.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.