Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How do I obtain legal rights to my property back?

Question Details: My house went into forclosure and my cousin offered to help me out with a loan to take it out of foreclosure. He had me sign a paper that reiterated our verbal agreement that we could acquire our property back when we paid him back the money plus interest. He then had me sign a deed granting him 1/2 interest in the property for his assistance. He says that he has controlling interest and had his brother move in and only pay $1500 of the mortgage when we should have been able to rent it out for at least $2600 to help pay mortgage.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.