If I want to sue an out of state company, where do I file the small claims action?

Question Details: I bought a home warranty from a company. I filed a claim be cause my air conditioner was not working. They sent a technician out to check the unit. He found that the commpressor was locked up but said the unit was in "above average condition" and "properly maintained" and that the compressor failed due to "normal wear and tear". The air conditioner is 16 years old. He submitted all of that to the warranty. They in turn called me and told me they were going to deny my claim because the unit was improperly maintained, which is not what the tech wrote down. I would like to take them to small claims court to make them pay for the covrage which they said they would provide.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.