How to claim adverse possession?

Question Details: I've been living at my address with my family for about 5 years and I notice the property next door is vacant. I have taken notice of a lady who came out but she very obviously does not care about the property. There is trash on the small roof and the door was open so I went over and said hello. Then I went in but found nobody; it was completely empty. I have done my homework and have started cleaning the property. I want to know if I make payments on her back tax? And make an improvement such as turn the water on could I claim adverse possession? I'm 22 and in PA and if I don't have to buy the whole property that would be great.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.