Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I have a piece of property that was transferred to me by my parents but I cannot pay the taxes on or the maintenance fees, what am I legally responsible for?

Question Details: I have a lot that title to was transferred to me by my parents. I can't pay the taxes or the maintenance fees. I am 65 years old. I am on a fairly fixed income. I just received a letter from the HOA demanding payment of the maintenance fees and attorney fees. How can I relinquish this property and just give it back to the HOA? I cannot take care of the property in any fashion.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.