If I have a nephew on a student visa and he wants to become a permananet resident if possible, is there any way we can sposnor him so that he can become a permananet resident?

Question Details: He currently has a student visa from Vietnam and it allows him to be here for 4 years. He had to take ESL classes for at least 2 years, so I'm not sure if he has a major yet but he wants to stay here to complete a degree and become a permanent legal resident.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.