How do I know if I was wrongfully suspended from work?

Question Details: I have worked at a resort for the past 5 years. One of the perks of working here is they allow employees to use the onsite gym. About 6 months ago, I reached out to a loss prevention supervisor and asked if we could bring one guest with us when we used the gym. In a text message the supervisor informed me employees were allowed to bring one guest as long as we were with them the whole time on property. Last week, I brought my friend, but as we entered the gym the key I had didn't work. I went up to the front desk with my friend informed them that I worked there and obtained a new key. we worked out then proceeded to the locker room to freshen up. while in the locker room a loss prevention associate and new loss prevention manager came in and begin to question who I was and why I was there. Apparently, they received a suspicious person call. I explained that I worked there, who my manager was, what department I worked in, and also showed them my company ID. They told me that they would allow me to have a guest this one time but moving forward I had to come alone. A week later, I was suspended and my main concern is being terminated. I have a meeting tomorrow regarding this.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.