Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What is my recourse if I believe that my uncle's lawyer, who is executor of his estate, has stolen money from the account and is mentally unfit to be executor?

Question Details: My uncle died 4 years ago. He named his friend who is a lawyer as executor. 1 year ago this lawyer had a stroke and closed his office. Since then I have not spoken with him though I have made repeated attemps to contact him. I have never received any paperwork concerning the estate. I did speak with his secretary who said that the books needed to be redone because there where accounting errors. I also feel that there is a substantial amount of money that is unaccounted for.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.