How to remove a family member from a house?

Question Details: My wife's father died and left her his house and all the belongings in it. However, for the last 2 years, a nephew moved in with her father and has been a caregiver for him. This nephew has a house he has been fixing up but is dragging his feet regarding moving out of my wife's house. This has been going on for 3 months. We told him 2 months ago to move out by the 1st of this month. How legally do we remove him from the house?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.