Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How to handle an out of state speeding ticket if you are unable to appear in court?

Question Details: Unable by any fiscal means to appear at an out of state court date for a speeding ticket. A state trooper tracked speed by moving radar among switching traffic, as well as traffic passing through hills and several curves of the road. Although I was initially told that I had gone 10 mph over the speed limit, I was later told it was 26 mph over. Comments were later made about an uncalibrated device. My bond was paid after being held 2 hours and I was informed that if I was unable to appear, then my bond payment would be kept.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.