Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How to go about suing a company that promised a salary after you quit your job?

Question Details: I applied for a job through to be a HR manager. I reached out to the owner to plead my case for the job. He called me a few days later to inform me that I had the job and promised me that he would pay me the amount that I was making at my previous job. I went through the proper procedures to leave my job after receiving my job offer sheet. After working for this company, supposedly hiring other employees who have quit or turned down jobs also, the owner never met nor followed through with any of his obligations as a company such as signing contracts or activating payroll. His "game" as a registered company in the state has caused my family and others financial turmoil as I and 7 others are now forced to search for other jobs to make ends meet and have to deal with our reputations taking a negative hit. A man like this deserves to be locked up. How do I go about seeking litigation against him, if possible?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.