Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How to drop a 1st offense disorderly conduct charge?

Question Details: I had a verbal altercation with my ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend at a public soccer field. She stated that I physically assaulted her and tried to have charges brought on me for assault and battery. After giving my statement to the officer he informed me that the witnesses were unwilling to support either story to whether or not I physically touched her, so he wrote me a ticket to appear in court for disorderly conduct. My record is clean and I would like for it to stay that way. What can I do to insure that?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.