Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How do I sue a storage company if the contents of my unit was sold?

Question Details: I had a storage unit that I fell behind on payments for about 2 months. I was notified by the storage company about the past due amount by email. I contacted them to see if I could set up payment arrangements or something to at least get some understanding due to me losing my job recently. They told me that the very last day I had to make the payment before the unit was to be sold. I called in a week later to make the payment, about 2 weeks before that final date was re-scheduled. I was told that my payment was declined due to my unit being sold the day before. I immediately called the location of the storage company and asked what was going on and why was my unit sold 2 weeks before that date that was given. I was told it sold yesterday morning and it was authorized by their bosses due to past due payments. They also said that the date they gave me was the same in the system but it changed. So then I asked then why wasn't I notified or contacted. They said they called my mother's number but didn't leave a message. I want to sue for misconduct and for the worth of my belongings on my unit. What can I do? I lost everything.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.