Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How do I seek compensation for unpaid commissions due to manager misconduct if I am still working for the same company but in a different state?

Question Details: I have worked for the same company for a little over a year now, selling cell phones in store for a major cell phone company. The store I was working at was in C. I worked at that store up in till my transfer as recent as a 8 -10 days ago. My position remained the same with the company and my job was transferred to a store in CA. Over a couple month time period my manager in CO had been falsifying commission records and altering time sheets. I was made aware of this by another manager that was sent to the store while my manger was on a leave of absence for maternity. The manger explained to me that based on records their were several instances of sales I had made with clear evidence it was only myself and the manager in the store yet the commission records reflected another employees name for the credit of sale which is also how our monthly commission is calculated for payment. He also said he found several time sheets that didn't match time logs turned in to corporate for payment of paychecks. A few discrepancies he found were time logs indicating I was in the store on the sales floor and clocked in but conflicting payment logs where I was deducted for being on multiple extended lunches when I was clearly clocked in working. I don't know what steps to take or who I go to next. Would it be HR in CA since I live here now, again I still work for the company and don't want to lose my job. I honestly think both the managers involved should be fired, one for the committing the offense and one for finding out and not doing anything with the information. I just want compensation for owed money without losing my job

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.