Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How do I obtain an "Order for Satisfaction of Judgment"?

Question Details: I am attempting to obtain a Satisfaction of Judgment for a payment that I made to my ex-wife's attorney, as ordered by a judge in a divorce proceeding. I do not know my ex-wife's whereabouts, so I am unable to have her sign a Satisfaction of Judgment form. I've written a note to the current judge and included a copy of the payment receipt to have the judgment satisfied. The request was denied. I attempted to submit a "Motion and Affidavit for Satisfaction of Judgment" form to the Clerk of Courts but was informed that an "Order for Satisfaction of Judgment" was required. Is there a template for this type of document?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.