Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How do I obtain a new F1 visa PhD if I overstayed on my previous F1 visa MS?

Question Details: I graduated from a US university on 15-Dec, 2015. My I20 allowed me time till 13- May, 2016 to complete my MS course. My F1 visa was valid till 23-July 2018. I overstayed on my F1 visa in the US. I did not apply for an OPT. I left the US on 01-Nov, 2016, on my own accord. I did not receive any legal notifications from USCIS. I have received a PhD offer from US. I want to know if I will have any trouble in obtaining a new student visa.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.