Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How do I get someone off of my property?

Question Details: A guy who I know and I had at one point discussed the possibility of him paying rent to live in my spare room. Instead, he just randomly decided to take up residence in my shed a couple weeks ago. I gave him permission at first because I was incredibly naive and I felt bad for him. However, once it became clear how much risk that could put me in, I told him that he needed to leave. He refused so I called the sheriff's office and reported him as a trespasser. I don't remember the exact details of the call,but I believe I did inform them that I had initially given him permission to be there and then revoked it. However, when the deputies arrived he came out and told them a bunch of lies about how he was paying me rent even though he never gave me a single penny and that we had an agreement where he would do yardwork and stuff in exchange for living there. The fact is that we had made an agreement about yardwork, but it was just to pay him in cash, which I did, but he said that he had been living with me off-and-on for months which is not true. How do I force this guy to leave in a way that he can't get out of by lying some more?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.