How do I get reimbursed for past rent from an evicted tenant?

Question Details: My brother and I own a duplex and had a tenant living in our property, with unpaid rent since January. Our property management company went through the eviction process with him and we were awarded 5 months back rent but with no ability to actually collect this from the tenant. He has since been forceable removed by the sheriff and we would like to proceed with sending him to a debt collector or other means to begin getting our 5 months back rent. How can we proceed with this?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.