How do I get pain and suffering from an uninsured motorist?

Question Details: I was in an accident last week. The other driver was at fault and received two tickets for not stopping at a stop sign and not having insurance. The car i was driving was totaled. I was taken by ambulance to an ER where they stapled my head 7 times and gave me an ultra sound. I then had a follow up appointment where I was given a brace for a carpel tunnel fracture and sprained wrist, medication for swelling for my face, and medicine for the contusion in my thigh. The car I was driving was my moms car and she had uninsured motorist coverage so she was able to get a new car. However, since the other driver was uninsured, I will now have to pay my medical bills Including future visits for check-ups, staple removal, therapy for my leg. I also missed multiple days of work and haven't been able to get behind the wheel of a car. Could I sue her for my medical bills and for pain and suffering?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.