How do I file if my ex-husband hasn't complied with the terms of our divorce decree?

Question Details: My ex was ordered to pay back taxes in our divorce which was finalized almost a year ago. He failed to do so and now my tax return has been taken by the IRS. Do I file that as contempt of court under our divorce case or is it a whole new case? If I need to file a new case, would it be small claims since the total is under $2000?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.