How can a mother and son legally "swap" homes and mortgages?

Question Details: A mother and son have moved out of their own homes and into the other's, while paying the other's mortgage payment. However, nothing has ever been done legally. What is the easiest and quickest way to make this legal? They want the deed to transfer the deed to the home they are currently living into the other persons name and would like to know how to assume responsibility for the mortgage as well.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.