Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How can I re-open a traffic violation case with the municipal court?

Question Details: I went to court 2 weeks ago because of a ticket. The violation was failure to maintain lane. It resulted in a minor fender bender. I pleaded not guilty due to the circumstances and requested a jury trial I was trying to run away from a road rage cituation. The police officer did not care at all about that and gave me a ticket. At the municipal court, I was told that I would get another court date within a month or so. Today I called the court and they are saying 6 months to 2 years before they even get my case. My problem is that I am in the process of enlisting in the army and I need this to be over with to be able to enlist. What can I do to get my case re opened at the municipal court?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.