Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How can I get out of car debt that my husband has place me in?

Question Details: My husband I separated he has taken my vehicle out of spite. The vehicle is in my name only I was made to be the only one making payments on the vehicle. Due to my husband's control issues he refused to allow me to drive it even after he caused damage to it. He bought himself another car after he has done something unknown with my car then disappeared. I'm left without a car for myself and my children and with this major debt I can't afford at this time. I'm also having a difficult time getting another vehicle because of this outstanding debt and it's put a dent in my credit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.