Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

How can I feasibly continue seeing my fiance while his K-1 visa is still pending?

Question Details: My fiancé and I have long been planning to move in together after about a year of living as a long-distance couple I am an American citizen and he's an Italian national residing in Germany. We have decided that a K-1 visa, allowing him to move in with me, get married and soon after file for Adjustment of Status and attain permanent residency, looks like our best option. However, official figures state that processing times for K-1s might exceed 5 or 6 months in many casesbeing separated for this long during this crucial period of our relationship is very daunting to us. Therefore, we would like to ask if it would be possible for my fianc to keep visiting me in the States while we are both waiting for the K-1 application to be finalized, and if so, how we would go about this in practical terms (e.g. what time-frames are acceptable, and which visitor visas might be applicable for this purpose)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.