Can we sue if the hospital where our son was born applied for a SSN for him but we didn't want one nor did we sign any paperwork for one?

Question Details: We told them that we didn't want one for our new born son, however someone filed for one without our consent. They also forged the birth papers to say that he was born at the hospital when he was a home birth with no medical doctor to deliver him.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.