Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What is our recourse if my husband suffered a heart attack during a minor surgery?

Question Details: My husband had day surgery to correct bone spurs on his shoulder. The surgery went fine but when the anesthesiologist gave him meds to wake from the surgery my husband had a heart attack. He has no previous history of any heart problems. He had yearly physicals and no one ever found anything wrong with his heart. Then 2 days after the heart attack, a cardiologist gave him a heart cathiter to try to find the underlying heart problem that could have caused this and the only problem with my husband's heart is damage from the heart attack. My husband didn't need a stint or have clogged arteries or anything that the doctors expected to find. Only heart damage from the heart attack.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.