Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Am I still guilty of DWI/DUI even though my friend will say that he parked my vehicle in my neighbor's driveway?

Question Details: Last week, I was arrested for DUI. I live in a small private mobile home park. The facts as I know them are that I was drunk; I had a .17BAC. I was at a friend's house in the park. Since I was so drunk, another friend drove me to what they thought was my home. However, it was not my home; he parked my vehicle in my neighbor's driveway. My friend turned off my vehicle but left the lights on and walked home. After that, I got out of the passenger's side and sat in the driver's seat, ss I must have realized I was in the wrong driveway. Nonetheless, I never started my vehicle because I fell asleep. My neighbor called the cops, probably because we do not get along at all and they have done so numerous times in the past. In any event, the cops showed up and found me in the driver's seat sleeping. The police report does not say whether the vehicle was or was not running. Nonetheless, the cops say I told them I was driving and I was going home. I doubt if I said either of those 2 things. When I get that drunk I mumble and nobody can understand a word I say which is clearly evidenced within the police report.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.