Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If a first settlement offer expired for children involved in car accident with no injuries and medical bills so far, are we barred from collecting if any injuries should now arise?

Question Details: My 2 children aged 9, 8 and 7 were involved in a fender bender car accident last month. They were not injured and not seen by any doctor so I have no medical bills. My wife gave a recorded statement to a claims adjuster to the effect that they were not injured. He has offered $100 for each child and went up to $300 and sent settlement paperwork to close their injury claims. We declined to sign in case they complain of pain still and the offer is low for us. The adjuster responded that he has reviewed the recorded statement in which we stated that the children were not injured in the accident. He claims that we cannot file any medical expenses now. We feel that we missed out on taking the children to the doctor and now if they have any expenses we will have to pay out of pocket. What is the best way to handle this legally?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.