What can I do about an out of state felony warrant?

Question Details: I have a warrant for my arrest in another state for a Class D felony for an unweighable amount of heroin. I was sentenced to probation but left the state to go to rehab. Now I have a warrant for missing a court date that I did not know I had. What can I do about this and what can I expect to get sentenced to? This is my first offense, so no prior felonies. Do you guys feel jail or prison is avoidable or is it a possibility?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.