Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can I do regarding the refusal of employment verification?

Question Details: I am a health care professional who accepted a position at another health care facility after leaving my former employer. I have worked for 2-3 additional facilities since time all with good references. My new position is finalizing final steps and I am due to start my new job in a few weeks. My new job cannot get my former employer to verify my employment 10 questions on a one page form. They are flat out refusing. I have nothing to hide and have been transparent with them. During my former job I was harassed and bullied beyond belief and finally left to find the light of day. My former employer is being very vindictive. I have signed a release for them to release the information on the employment verification form as well. Can I seek a subpoena or court order to get the employment verification completed? My new job will not allow me to move forward with this position without the employment verification form completed. I have also been told it is a huge red flag to my new employer without the form being signed by my former employer. This is so unprofessional and is affecting my livelihood and my ability to find work.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.