Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Do we have a case against a motel for an injury suffered at its swimming pool?

Question Details: My 7 year old son and 15 year old daughter were in our hotel swimming pool while on vacation. My son was outside the pool and my daughter was inside. They were hitting a beach ball back and forth to each other. The ball hit a light fixture hanging on the wall and the glass from the fixture shattered. The glass sliced my 7 year olds should down to his shoulder blade. 911 was called and we went to the emergency room for him to be stitched up. He had to get 17 stitches total. The next morning we went to get a copy of the accident report and the first thing the general manager said was that he reviewed the video and that our son was unsupervised. My husband said no, our 15 year old was with him. He then said, the girl is the one who hit the ball. At that point we just left. We feel there should not have been fixtures that have risk of shattering in a pool area. They gave us the accident report, however 4 days later and we still do not have a case number. We have pictures of the lights, and of my son's wound.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.