Do I have to go to court on behalf of my insurance company regarding a personal injury allegedly suffered in a car accident?

Question Details: A month and a half ago, a week after I passed my driving test, I had a small accident. A very stupid accident, fortunately almost harmless. I drove up to the red lights, there was a car in front of me, I almost stopped, but at the last moment I accidentally pressed gas instead of pressing the brake. And I hit the car in front before I could press the brake. Nothing serious happened. The car in front of me had a tiny dent on the bumper; mine had a crack near the registration plate. Yesterday, I received an email from the insurance company that that this woman made a personal injury claim. They wanted me to once again confirm my version of events. I was very surprised because it wasn't strong hit. They now want to take me to court as a witness not to pay this woman for personal injury. I do not want to go to the court. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this woman is telling the truth. They do not say I have to go, they just ask me if I will go to the court. They say that personal injury claim will not affect my premium. Can I just say that I do not want to go to court without negative effects on my insurance?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.