Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Do I have grounds for legal action against our HOA regarding a deck replacement?

Question Details: My husband and I have been trying to get our deck replaced for 2 years, which is the HOA's responsibility. The deck is unstable and basically un-useable. The deck bows away from the house if there is enough weight on it 3-5 people, if we walk around the deck bows and is springy. The railing is being held on only buy 1 bolt and the parts the connect on either side of the home. The nails are all pushing up on the deck boards. We can't put furniture on it because it is structurally unsound. the supports underneath the deck are rotting, enough they had to be supported with cinderblocks. The HOA is very aware of the decks condition and refuses to do anything about it. Despite us always paying our dues, they do not provide us with what they are supposed to. We would very much like to use our deck as we have not been able to hardly in the 4 years we have lived there for fear the safety of our guests. We have been in contact with the HOA over and over and they refuse to do anything about it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.