Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Do I have a case to sue my employer for not providing a safe workplace?

Question Details: I work in the emergency department. I was working in the care unit 4 on my computer when a co-worker came into the unit to bring a patient back. He started joking about how he was doing my job for me and went to get a personal belonging's bag to put the patient's stuff in. He playfully threw the bag at me. I thought he had left the care unit and I was sitting on the computer when he came behind me and put a plastic bag over my head and pulled it from behind. I ripped the bag off my head and completely freaked out. I told this co-worker that it was completely unacceptable and he had crossed the line completely. He walked out of the unit laughing even though I was clearly upset. After my charge nurse had talked to him, he texted me but did not apologize and said, "Holy shit it was a prank, I promise". The whole thing is on camera with several witnesses. They did not take any disciplinary actions immediately. Finally, about 2 hours after the incident, they finally sent him home.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.