Do I have a case against the hospital whose ER doctor incorrectly set my dislocated elbow?

Question Details: About 2years ago (my state's statute of limitations being 3 years), I suffered a dislocated elbow during a soccer game. When I got to the ER the doctor tried to set it 6 times before he got it to stay. It turns out that you can't just yank a dislocated elbow back into place like a shoulder. You have to pull it up and around the joint to set it correctly. Months later, the swelling went down and I noticed that the affected elbow looked very different from my other. It now clicks and grinds, which will likely necessitate corrective surgery. I'm still paying off the bill from the initial ER visit, which was steep. I'm wondering if I can litigate against that hospital for their practice that night so that I can pay for a corrective surgery in the future. I will call that hospital to request the medical records.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.