Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can I do if a customer won't pay for catering?

Question Details: I own and operate a pizza catering company. I booked a wedding and sent a contract for the wedding to the customer. On the contract it stated that I would bring enough to make 80 pizzas. After talking to the customer a month or 2 before the wedding she told me to bring 115 pizzas just in case since she wanted to be sure everyone was fed. Then a couple weeks later the customer told me to bring even more. The day of the event came and I ended up making 130 pizzas. After billing the customer they will not pay for anything over 80 because that was all I was contracted to bring. I have none of the past correspondents in writing about bringing extra but did make note of it on the contact when we spoke. I have myself, my wife, and an employee that were all there at the event making the pizza and know for a fact we made that much pizza. Would I have a case for small claims court or is this just something I have to eat and learn a lesson from. I have been in business for 5 years and have done 100s of events and never been accused of anything like this. Is this a decent case to take to small claims court?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.