Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How to force the change of home ownership?

Question Details: My mother's house was bought by my deceased aunt in her name to save it from being repossessed but has never stayed in it nor made any financial contribution towards the house. My mother remained staying in the house. The house was paid up by my sister before my aunt died and after it was paid up my aunt dragged to change it back to my mother's name, before my aunt died she did an affidavit stating that the house belongs to my mother and she was donating it to her. My mother is a pensioner now, the house rates are too high for her and we cannot do anything to lower them because the house is not in her name. My aunt left a 24 year old daughter who is not cooperating to change the ownership of the house. My mother is distraught.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.