Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How can I get a dealership to provide records for a leased car that I turned in?

Question Details: I had a leased car through a car manufacturer that the dealership allowed me to return the car last year. When I returned the vehicle it had no damage and was fine. However 3 months ago, I received a call from the manufacturer claiming that I owe $400 for a dent and a damaged door on the right side. I called the dealership and they said that the manufacturer can do inspections and claim wear and tear if I didn't return my vehicle with damages. When I asked the dealership to look up my records they told me that it would take time and they would call back. It has been over a month and now the manufacturer claiming that it is getting a collector on me but the dealership won't tell me anything about my records for the car.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.