Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can I do if a State Trooper found me at fault and won't change the police report?

Question Details: About 6 months ago, I was in a car accident where the officer deemed me at fault. There were 2 vehicles, car A and car B (me). Both vehicles were traveling on a 2 lane road where car A was in front of B, and then the road widened to accommodate multiple vehicles beside each other. Also, it became a multi-lane road even though the road markings were at first easily seen but then faded away quite a bit. Car A moved to the right while Car B moved to the left, and car A then collided with B because they wanted to make a left turn. The police were called and car B was faulted because he couldn't see the markings and said it was a single lane so car B should've never been beside car A. Car B didn't have an insurance hit since it was a government vehicle, and also assumed it wouldn't show on their license due to this. Eventually it did. I had pictures of the road markings taken the day after the incident and showed them to the officer, however after a long time since the report was created. He denied my evidence and stated even if the lines are there, if they are not clearly seen, its still my fault even though I obeyed them. What can I do now?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.