Can you take someone to small claims court over vehicle accident damages if the damages have been paid for?

Question Details: There was a minor accident I backed into another vehicle we did not file a police report and there is not current insurance on the vehicle anyway. We agreed that I would make a payment for the damages in which I made in full to the body shop of their choice. They are angry because they wanted to check to themselves instead of to the body shop which I think is ridiculous I did not just pay close to $1,000 for them to get in their pocket so it is their own fault that they are not choosing to get their car fixed they just thought they were going to make money off of the ordeal. So is it even realistic for them to threaten me with small claims court if I try to pay in full for the damages and they are the ones refusing to take their car to the shop? Especially when they chose the particular body shop?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.