Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can you take action against the seller for problems found with a house after closing if it's been a couple of years?

Question Details: We bought our house he house almost 2 1/2 years ago. However, 2 months after closing the roof leaked. It was in the contract to be replaced, however the seller only replaced a portion and did not disclose that the other part was done by the seller roofer replaced roof leak area at no charge but there was water damage to flooring. The buying realtor told us that we were out of luck because we had already closed and there was nothing we could do. A month later, the sewer line clogged and we had 10 feet of tree root pulled out. Later found multiple Drano bottles in the shed in the backyard. Then, 4 months ago, the electric in the living room went out. The electrician came and said that there was bad wiring in the wall. He went into the attic crawlspace and below the house and found wiring issues in both areas. The home inspector when the house was bought said there was no access point to get into the attic, so he did not inspect it. Note, the selling agent was also the seller's daughter

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.