Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can we rescind the sale of the home that we just purchased?

Question Details: Last Monday, my husband and I bought a house with a big fenced in yard for our dogs. As we were at the closing, signing our paperwork, the seller of the house told the next door neighbor that a portion about 1/3 of our soon to be property actually belonged to her and was not part of his property at all. On our way to the property we recieved a phone call from my Mom saying that the neighbor is claiming that a big chunk of the land is actually hers and she was going to tear down the trees and put up a fence. We feel like we were tricked, either by the seller or the real estate agent. Then, 2 days later, the agent offered to rescind the sale and we happily agreed but the sellar wouldn't agree. Now it is a week later and we find out that we can't rescind and are stuck with the house. Do we have any legal recourse? We needed that land for our 4 Newfoundland dogs weighing between 120 lbs-185lbs. The biggest reason we purchased this house was for the big fenced in backyard.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.